For more information on the Sex Therapy Certificate Program, click here.
The certificate is designed as additional training for counseling professionals who are licensed, are license eligible or who have completed their coursework to become license eligible. Types of professionals for whom this program applies include:
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC)
- Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
- Clinical and Counseling Psychologists
Under specific circumstances, prospective medical and mental health professionals, who are not yet licensed, may apply if they have completed the great majority of their coursework and have secured a traineeship or internship for gaining training hours of counseling and psychotherapy and have plans to complete their coursework in parallel.
We especially encourage applications from individuals within the above list who: are military veterans; identify as people of color; identify as LGBTQQAI, and/or serve marginalized or under-represented populations.
A completed application includes uploading the following documents:
1) Background and Goal Statement - In 2-3 pages, please describe your background and interest in this certificate in the following areas. Tell us anything pertinent regarding your personal development, professional experience, professional license(s) held and/or the stage you are in with regard to your clinical licensure, training or internship. Include descriptions of your training in psychotherapy, sexuality or related areas. Share how you learned didactically and where you practiced these skills and knowledge sets.
In addition, your goals are important to us. Please share with us what you hope to do with this certificate in your work or in the world. Make sure to consider both the concrete ways you might use this training for career advancement but also the larger intentions or purpose this might fulfill.
2) Resume or Curriculum Vitae - Include a short resume or CV that outlines the history of your higher education, practica, internships, residencies, licenses, research, work in service to communities, teaching, and fieldwork.
Deposit: $500 - Applications will not be considered without deposit. Early Application Discounts: $200 off before July 1st, 2018
Application Deadline: August 20th, 2018
Full Program Fee: $5,750
Payment and Cancelation Policies
A deposit of $500 is due at the time of application. If you are not accepted, this fee will be refunded minus a $100 processing fee. Should you wish to cancel after the payment of the initial deposit, an amount of $250 will be deducted from your refund. This cancellation fee will apply whether or not you have been accepted to the program. After payment of the initial deposit of $500, payment of the remaining balance of $5,250 must be received by September 1st, 2018, to secure your space in the program. An installment payment schedule is available on a limited basis for those who can show financial need. Please contact our office at 415.575.6175 for details. If a student withdraws before October 1st, 2018, fifty percent of the full fee ($2,875) will be due. The full fee of $5,750 is due if a student withdraws after October 1st, 2018.
Applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis until Fall 2018 cohort is full. Applicants will be notified within one month of submitting their application.